As some of you may know I am a bit of a nerd. I usually try to hide this fact but lately I have been a bit more out spoken about my nerdy-ness. I would not be the same person if my sister hadn’t forced me to read The Legend of Huma when I was really young. The Dragon Lance series opened my eyes to reading and learning. But most importantly, she opened up my imagination to whole new worlds.
Growing up I always tried to hide the fact that I was a nerd probably because I was very athletic and social. Being a nerd just wasn’t cool. No one in middle school wanted to borrow my Disc World series or watch Fruits Basket with me. As I moved into High school though things slowly started to change. I realized that I could still be (relatively) cool and be part of anime club, jazz band, and archery.
So, in honor of me coming out and telling the world i’m a nerd, I decided to blog about a few of my favorite characters (In no particular order):
1. Kordelia: My main on World of Warcraft. She is a blood elf holy pally and she kicks ass. I love paladins! I love that they can heal and deal damage. I find that priests and druids are great at healing but they suck at doing general quests on there own. I can’t wait for the new expansion! Finally another horde race can be pallys and the Worgen race! SO COOL. Worgen and draenei are the only interesting race on the the alliance side. Thats why most of my alts are horde. If anyone wants to play with me, add me as a friend! My main is Kordelia on the Anvilmar server.
2. Vegeta: Ok, I grew up with Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. I was one of the few kids in my neighbour hood to get Cartoon Network which aired Dragon Ball Z episodes much earlier than YTV (the Canadian Cartoon Cable Channel). I was always 10 episodes ahead of all my friends who happened to watch DBZ which wasn’t too far (since powerups took a while) but was enough to wow my friends. Vegeta was always my favorite… I’m not sure if its because he is a prince of the saiyans or if its because he is a sadistic, obsessive, rebellious, punk anti-hero. hmmmm…. I think its the latter.
3. Kenpachi Zaraki: I see Zaraki as the Vegeta of bleach. A blood thirsty fighter that has their own code of ethics. Both love to fight and hate to fight people they see as ‘weaklings’. Zaraki’s crazy amount of power and his complex (and sometimes contradicting) personality makes me love his character. Maybe I just have a thing for crazy, warrior brutes… You decide.
4. Cordelia Naismith: An intelligent commander of a vessel on a the Betan Astronomical Survey team. The entire Vorkosigan Saga is an amazing series to read with great characters. The series is full of Sci-fi, mystery, politics and a little romance. I love how strong Cordelia is and I love how different the plot is from most of the series out there. No wonder I used her name for my paladin…
7. Haruhi and Tamaki: two characters from Ouran High School Host club (one of my all time favorite animes). These guys are adorable together and hilarious to watch. Both are such strong characters with very interesting personalities. There’s only one season of Ouran out so far but tons of manga out there. If you are interested in watching episodes go to:
9. Vash the Stampede: I actually only started watching trigun after I saw this amv.
The amv says everything about Vash: funny, foulish, strong, and always in trouble. Turned out to be an amazing series! Loved the futuristic-western plot with of course tons of fighting thrown in.